Friday, April 15, 2016

Update on Thumper and Foxy!

They are gone from our homestead but are loved at their new home!  Thumper and Foxy are both mom's now and doing great.  Here is the email I received from their new owner.

Foxy had her kits this afternoon! It looks like there is 5, but not sure. I'll take them out tomorrow to get a better look. They seem healthy and aggressive. They kind of jump at my hand, I think they think I'm Foxy going in to feed them. Foxy had the nest full of fur when I came home from work this morning, but no bunnies till later. It looks like she did a good job with her nest.

I took Thumpers kits out today to have a better look and there was 6. Their skin looks good and their very active. Thumper had more fur covering them yesterday, but it looks like she removed some of it. She had the opening almost covered this morning and she had it open this afternoon. Do they regulate the temperature by removing some of the hair and leaving the nest open? It feels plenty warm in the nest. She has the opening covered again tonight. I'll keep you posted on any developments. 
 
I do not have any pictures of Foxy or Thumper's new babies yet but will post when I do.  Thanks for thumpin by and see you again real soon.  Theresa
 
 
ps Everyone loves pictures and most everyone loves rabbits so here are some pictures of our rabbits from last year.
Beauty's babies from Aug 2015

Buck outside having some exercise time.
Baby Bunnies 2015
 

No comments:

Post a Comment