Sunday, April 10, 2016

Sad little Missy

Missy had 5 babies two days short of term and today... the last one passed away.  I tried everything but the kits were not meant to live. This is very sad for me but even harder on Missy.  Yes I can tell.  She is making grunting noises, pacing and stomping in her cage and even though I took out her nest box, she is still pulling fur.  Poor Missy.  I might re-breed her later, when the timing for the new litter would be more suitable for weather and our schedule.
Beauty's babies are doing just fine.  Three black and two white ones.  They are already showing their peach fuzz!  and they are only 3 days old.  I rejoice that they are doing just fine.  The loss of Missy's babies is hard enough.
I will start taking pictures and keeping you all posted tomorrow.  Today I still feel the loss.  Thanks fir visiting and will post more later.  Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment