Thursday, April 14, 2016

Bouncing baby bunnies!

I have good news to share.  Thumper, the doe I sold to a nice gentlemen last month has had her babies!  She has had 5.  I cant comment on how they are doing yet but I can say that the new owner has a great setup and seems to be doing a great job.  The rabbits settled in right away and adjusted to being handled by their new owner like a charm.  I will share photos of the "extended family" as soon as I can.  Now, lets get filled in on Beauty's babies!

Beauty's kits are a week old today. Have to show you proud, protective mommy bunny first.  Here is Beauty.

Beauty with new kits 1 week old
Beauty's kits one week old
 The two black ones look like they are kissing, so cute.
Here is one that I am holding so you have an idea of how big they are getting.  They seem to be growing so fast.  I think Beauty is an excellent mother.  When I checked on them earlier today, as soon as I put the nest box back in, she jumped in and fed them while I was doing the chores.  She knows she is safe and so are her babies.

Now it looks like these two are kissing.  They are very strong and active.  One almost crawled out of the box as I was taking pictures.  So adorable.  Cant wait till they have their eyes open.

Three litters all having five babies.  Last August there were an average of 8 for three litters.  Think it might have something to do with the number of hours per day.  There is less grass and food for the rabbits to eat this early in the spring so maybe when the food it more abundant, the days are longer, their litters will be larger??  Sounds like a good guess to me.

I will post pictures of Thumpers babies when I get them.  Thanks for hoppin by and see you again soon.  Please feel free to comment and even ask questions.  Would love to hear from you.

1 comment:

  1. Oh congratulations all around!! The pictures of your fur babies are all so sweet! I wish I could pet them too!!

    BIG (((Hugs))
    Patti

    ReplyDelete