Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Rabbit Condo update!

Hello everyone!

I thought you might like to see where we are on our rabbit condo!

We purchased 8 panels from a man who has some small animals on his property.  He was downsizing so the panels were for sale.
Dakota Ron's son, was here for a visit and helped design and assemble our new enclosure.

Here is a picture of him working hard.


 This is a completely enclosed area that is 10'x10'.  Nothing larger than a chipmunk can enter here!  Now we must get a roof on top because rabbits do not do well if they get soaked.

 I have to say my husband has been very patient with all of my 'specifications' (suggestions from others) on what the rabbits need to be healthy, happy an terrific!  (if you know him, this is one of his favorite sayings)
 Rabbits do much better in the cold than this heat we are having.  I am going out each morning and putting a few frozen water bottles in their cages so they have something cold to lean against.

We are expecting our first litter of kits later in August.  Tomorrow, I hope to post about how they enjoyed running around in their new Rabbit condo!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Oma! this is awesome!! I can't wait to see you babies : ) The cage looks very secure I would hate 6to think of something getting at them. Great job Dakota and Ron!! : ) and you too Theresa : )

    BIG (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete