Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Beat the Heat-

Rabbits do not do well in heat.  So yesterday I went to Menards and got them ceramic tile for their cages.  Just one 12"x12"  for each one, not a whole floor!  It was funny because I went in to Menards and said in a normal voice, "Please show me the cheapest 12x12 ceramic tile you have.  It can be chipped and ugly, I dont care."  I kinda got a funny smile from the guy helping me and so I continued, "because they will be going in my rabbit cages to keep them cool."  He chuckled a little.
I also stopped at Goodwill and got heavy dishes to put water in.  The water bottles were dripping and the dishes would stay cooler and the rabbits could lean on them to keep cool.   As soon as I put one in Bucks cage he drank from it.
I have been putting frozen water bottles in their cages and even wetting towels down with water and having the fan blow on them.  It seems to be helping.




 You can see the dish in the back corner and the towel hanging behind him.
More in a day or so.  Thanks for visiting. Please comment and let me know you were here!


1 comment:

  1. What a clever idea!! Love the ceramic tile idea : ) Your bunnies are so lucky to have you for "parents!" : )

    ReplyDelete