Monday, June 13, 2016

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO 7 KITS

Today I went out at 7:30 and Beauty was resting nicely.  Today is her big day.  I went out again at 9:30 and there they were!  7 very healthy bunnies!  Four black and three white.  I tucked them in nice so they can keep warm.  There is cardboard on the bottom of the nest box so they will not get a draft from below.  There is plenty of hay and fur so they just need Beauty to feed them and she has always done a great job with that.
I will take pictures tomorrow.  I like to give her a day to relax before disturbing too much.  I will check again several times today to make sure they all stay snuggled in.  Thanks for hoppin by to hear about the new little ones. 


Today is Tuesday.  Bunnies are one day old exactly when I took this pictures.  Their weight is from2.2 oz for the runt and 3.0 for the largest.  Very healthy looking with full round bellies that you can see from all three pictures. Notice how it bulges ever so lightly on the side of the white kit on top?  That is how they should look. 

Every time I have checked on Beauty's babies in the past, they were always plump.  No matter the day.  I was out there one time in the middle of the day.  Did a few things in her cage and moved on to the next.  She jumped right in and fed the babies while I was in there.  Middle of the day!  So I dont think we can know for sure (unless we have a camera on them) how often or what time of the day our rabbits feed their kits.  Research says: early morning and or evening.  I say: when ever a good mommy says so!


6-14-16 Beauty's babies (7) fat and healthy

Full round belly

Beauty's kits 6-14-16
 Thanks for stopping by and celebrating THE BIRTHDAY of these adorable kits.  It is very likely that every one that is a doe (cant tell for 8 more weeks) is already going to a good home from my waiting list.  Bucks sell usually one at a time, does can go as many as 4 to the same home. 
God has blessed me with this adventure.  I have learned a few things and the outcome has blessed others.  Thank you God for your Goodness!  Hop on by next Monday to see how all of these little guys are doing AND HOW MISSY IS DOING.  She is due next week and this time, I think she will be a great mother.  Please comment below so I know you where here.  Requests for topics are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment