Monday, August 31, 2015

Blessing after blessing

More blessing at our Rabbit House.  Today, Thumper had 7 buns!  I really did not think she had any 'buns in the oven' because she only accepted Buck to mount her one time!  Looks like mostly grey, maybe two white. 
Everything about this adventure has been a blessing.  (Aside from the cost), we (Ron and I) have worked together more on this project than any other (most projects did not take this long:)), we have seen positive relationships develop from it and have been blessed with 2 DOZEN new kits!  We have not suffered any loss so far and have learned a great deal (mostly me) from the experience.  I have learned to re-purpose many items around the house that I felt were USE-LESS.  Some items found use pertaining to the rabbits, some items just found new 'job/application' in other ways.  And the biggest blessing of all is the outside support and interested we are receiving from family, friends and new meets (people we meet that are new).
First I want to show you my wonderful/best friend husband who has been the shining star in this project.




 Above you can see us working on the front door.  Below is an area I set up for the rabbits to be free and run around.  When rabbits are very happy, they binky.  I had 3 of the four rabbits (one at a time) out while we worked on the rabbit house and the three had so much fun binkying around!



 Here is buck exploring the area




I had to take pictures of Beauty's litter.  They now have their eyes open and are finding their way out of the nest box.  The box is so full of bunnies, they just walk right over one another and out the come.  Just a guess, but I think that is how come I keep finding one outside the box.  They are pretty strong and will jump right from your hands if you are not careful.  This white one is getting a back rub.  One of these black ones already has a home promised to (him or her).





After seeing Beauty's Foxy's sure can show you how much difference from one week to the next, how the pink is still very visible.


 I gave Buck a box to play in.  I felt he was jealous that he was the only one without a box to explore.  Just like anything else not tied down in the cage, he lifted it, threw it, chewed on it and climbed in it.


Here are some pictures of the new babies.
 Ok you cant see in there very well.  That is because most of them are gray and she built a tight box.  I might try later for a peek but I did not want to disturb them too much because they were still wet from birth when I checked the box.  OOOOpsss   Should not be a problem but I did not know till I checked.  She seemed ok with me being in there.  More on that later.
I have been getting alot done here even thought it seems like a tornado hit my house!  Most of my chores that I can get done when I am home.... are beyond ordinary cleaning.  We have a lot of projects going and eating, dishes and laundry are the only basics that seem to be caught up.  As soon as I finish one project, another needs my attention.  Anyone else feel that way???
We are grateful we can do what we are doing and that all is going well so far.  We are grateful for those of you who support us with kind words, handy skills and resources.  Spread the word that we have our rabbit adventure up and going good and pray that we continue to be blessed.

Comment and see you again next time!  


2 comments:

  1. Fascinating!! post : ) Kudos to you and your hubbers for a job WELL DONE! You have HAPpY rabbits!! and those babies are simply adorables! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not do it without all the help I have had. Even last night my husband made sure I got all the help I needed moving them into the garage because of the storm, before he went to bed. He is really being a huge support in so many ways. I just hope I dont talk about rabbits all the time. Do I talk about rabbits all the time? Is there rabbit in every sentence?? (hahaha) Thanks for stopping Patti. Love you

    ReplyDelete