Wednesday, August 26, 2015

5 days old

I wanted you to see how big the bunnies have grown.  They are now 5 days old.  I picked up two for close ups and both of them snuggled down into my hand.  I think they are getting so much cutter.  The white ones are growing in their hair and are less pink.
 Look how much they have grown!

So cute.  Now, here is the box with the toilet tissue roll for size comparison.  It has been two days since the last photos and you might not be able to tell in the photos but I can tell when I pick them up.....they are getting bigger and heavier!
Here are the babies at 3 days

Now here are the babies at five days.  See the color change in the white one?  And that black one next to the roll looks like he could be just as big if not bigger than the roll.  I would have to say, they are ON A ROLL! and growing fast.
Here is one more of each of the colors next to each other.  So cute. 
We worked on the south side of the rabbit house last night.  Did not finish it so no photo yet.  Thanks for stopping and viewing and please leave a comment on these cutties.  See you when Foxy has hers which today is day 30.
 If she took and will have any it could be anytime now, likely tomorrow late at night.  But since this is her first time to kindle, she might take as much as 35 days!  We just have to wait and see.  She wont let me feel her like Beauty did. 
She looks a little fatter but rabbits done show like cats and dogs so it just might mean she has put back on her weight she lost from the transition from the previous owner to us.  And then right after they all got here, we got hit with very hot weather which is harder on rabbits than below zero weather.  It must mean that fur coat does a good job. 
Did you know that rabbits can not pant like a dog to keep cool?  And the only place they can lose heat is in their ears where there is less fur.  So when it was hot, I dipped my hands in cool water and rubbed it on their ears.  They really enjoyed it so I  know it was helpful. 
Let me know if you know any fun facts about rabbits.  Visit again tomorrow to see what is new at....
WascallyWabbitRabbitry!  and thanks for stopping.



4 comments:

  1. 5 days! and sitting in your hand - they are so darn cute!!

    How nifty that you thought to put water on their ears! I never knew that about rabbits loosing heat through their ears : ) You are going to be a Bunny Professor! before long : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I feel I have a lot of cool rabbit trivia to share. They just love to cuddle and sleep in my hands, but I have too much to do lately and with their being 24 now! No time for sleeping!! Them or me (heehee) just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got around to checking out your blog and am glad that I did! I love the pictures and rabbit trivia that you shared. Such an interesting read. I agree with Patti that you will be a bunny professor soon! ;) ~Kristina R.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kristina. I sure have learned a lot. And I have had a few scares but so far (with Gods blessings) we will have all of our first bunnies continue to grow and be healthy. Thanks for stopping by and give little Christopher a great big bunny hug from Oma and Opa.

    ReplyDelete