Thursday, August 27, 2015

NEW ARRIVALS!

Since we have 3 does and we breed them all for the first time a month ago, we have more arrivals.  One doe Beauty gave birth one week ago and had 10 babies.  She is a New Zealand, black.
She had 5 black and 5 white
 
Here is buck.  He is a New Zealand White.
He is the proud papa of all kits.









Now here is Foxy.  She is too is a New Zealand but a dark gray.  Today she had 7 babies.  Two dark gray, (I believe) and 5 white. 

 
So.... here are the babies.   Two gray and 5 white.I think Bucks white will be a dominant  color in each litter of kits! 
Foxy did pull a little fur.  The weather is mild today but we are expecting storms tonight so I will be double checking on her kits tonight to make sure she has fed them and they are keeping dry and warm.
I really did not expect Foxy to kindle until late tonight.  I put Beauty back in the rabbit shed yesterday to encourage Foxy (was my thought anyway) on what to do and I think it worked.
I just want to say we have been blessed with all our rabbits being healthy considering this is our first time with rabbits.  The Lord has watched over, blessed and enlightened us all the way.  He has also blessed us with healthy kits for first time does, buck and well.... me.
I would also like to thank the following people for their help with our adventure: Ron (my dear husband) Dakota, Craig, Aaron, Laura, George and Deloris V, Ken (who we got the rabbits from)
I also want to thank all my friends who have been supportive and my viewers who are watching our rabbitry grow.  Thanks and dont forget to comment.

 

2 comments:

  1. Gee those adult rabbits are beautiful! No wonder you are getting such cute bunnies.

    I love reading your posts and reading all the "rabbitry vocabulary" : ) Very interesting Oma! you are doing a wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know and the adults (3 does and a buck) are so friendly. I can hand feed them and two of them (Buck the white one and Beauty the all black one) wont let me close the cage when I feed them. Even if I pet them, I have to push them out of the way to close the door. (the door opens in and up into the cage). Sometimes I wish I could hold them. But since they have babies right now, I will not chance them getting hurt. Holding them and trimming nails are challenges I will meet later, like over the winter maybe?

    ReplyDelete