Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Three stages of babies, variation discovery!

I wanted to show you, side by side, how quick the babies grow and change.

In the container below are Beauty, Foxy and Thumpers' babies at 12 days, 1 days and51 day old.


                         12 days with eyes open and fur,    one day old still pink      and  5 days old little pink




Black and white, white and gray??? and black and white???  We will have to see as they get older if there will be any black ones.


And somewhere in the mix of Beauty's babies there is a black on with a touch of gray on the head.  I went to put two whites back in the nest box this morning and I noticed a half gray/black head on a black one peeking out at me.  
As they get older, I will be investigating for color variations so that I can distinguish between each one.  I will be getting a scale in the next day or so, marking the ear with numbers and weighing them in to see how they are doing.  At that time I will also be getting a weight for each growth stage.    I would like to know how they are doing and so would you I am sure.  If you are one who is planning on getting one for a pet, please let me know as soon as you see one in a picture you like.  Or if you would like to see them in person.  We have had several intereted parties and they are going to go fast!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! how cool is that!?!

    This is such a great blog : ) Very interesting and informative!! I'm so proud of you!

    (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant wait to see any other markings on the babies. So far, just the 1/2 gray headed one. But they are changing everyday! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete