Saturday, May 28, 2016

Beauty and her babies at 7 weeks old

Rabbits can not be seperated from their mother until 8 weeks if they are to lead long and healthy adult lives.  In the case of meat rabbits, those butchered it does not matter.  But my bunnies are all reserved to go to home who want long living, healthy rabbits so they will stay with their mom to continue to nurse until 8 weeks.  Which is next week for Beauty's current litter.

 These guys are healthy and happy and love to find something to get into.  I have a basket hanging from the top of the cage for their hay because.... every other way that I have had it, they climb into it, sleep there, poop there and so on.  I like to keep their hay clean an dry but these guys like to give me reason to come in the rabbitry to talk with them, pet them and what better way than to give me the chore of changing out hay.  But I think I have them figured out this time!

I also stuff old rolls from toilet paper and paper towels with hay.  This keeps it clean and gives them 'AN ACTIVITY' to pull out the hay.  This is every good for them.  And the hay from the top of the cage makes them reach and stretch.  Now I just have to be able to tell the bucks from the does.  Not easy at this age.  When they are older, I did pretty well determining the difference.  Its not easy.  The males only let down their organs when ready to mate.  They can pull them inside so while they are running and jumping, they are protected.  The only difference between the two is the shape of the organ and right now, they are smaller than HALF of a grain of rice.  This will be fun (sarcastic for not easy)  But with my husband helping, we can do it!
 Here they are....






I will be checking to see how many bucks and does I have this week.  Males will be separated into another cage and females will stay with mom a few more days.  That way mom can slow production of milk if she is still nursing.
All these cute little guys sold. I have interest for more bunnies than I can produce so I request that if you are interested in any of my bunnies, you contact me asap to be put on the reserve list.

New litters are due:
June 13 and 21st and will be for sale Aug 8th and 16th.
If all goes well we will have two more litters after these.  So dont give up hope on getting one of my bunnies.  Please check back often for updates and please leave a comment to let me know you where here!  Thanks for hoppin by!

No comments:

Post a Comment